Visit our school
We are happy to arrange tours of our school at anytime across the year, if you would like to visit us, please contact the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
We are also holding two Early Years open days for anyone looking for a Nursery or Reception place, these are on:
Thursday 21st September, between 9.00am - 12pm
Thursday 5th October, between 2pm - 5pm
Admission to our Butterflies are for children who turn 3 during the academic year. These pupils will receive 15 hours funded education (8.45am to 11.45am Monday to Friday). We have intakes throughout the year and your child can join the Butterflies during the term that they turn 3.
To apply for a place in our Butterflies, please request an application form from the School Office. Please complete the form and return it to School, we will then contact you shortly before your child's 3rd birthday with your offer. These children will complete up to 3 terms in Butterflies before joining our Nursery class the next September.
The Butterfly children are taught alongside our Nursery class.
Nursery Admissions (for children who turn 3 before 31st August)
We will continue to offer 32.5-hours per week of Nursery education in for all children who turn three by 31 August. Applications for places in Nursery can be made at any time by contacting the School Office for the application pack. The offers for our Nursery class will be sent out at Easter prior to your child's start date.
Working parents are entitled to 30 hours of funded education and the school will ask you to complete the registration process for this and to pass on the 12 digit code that you will be provided with. This will allow the school to claim funding for the full 30 hours.
Please note that it is not necessary to qualify for the 30-hour funding in order to attend 32.5 hours in our Nursery, but the school needs to claim the funding for all children who do qualify.
Choosing a school for your child is a big decision, and we are here to help you find out if Waverley Primary is the right school for you. When your child joins Waverley Primary, your family also joins our community for many years to come. We have included lots of information on our website to show you all what we offer, and we hope that you will decide that you want to join our school. If you have any questions, please contact us by phone or by email.
All parents of children due to enter reception will be given a generic letter and information leaflet by their childcare provider in the Autumn term. This leaflet will explain how to submit your online application at www.newcastle.gov.uk/admissions and the timescales for the application process. Admissions into Reception are handled by Newcastle Local Authority, and they would prefer you to submit your application online, although you may submit in paper form.
Applications open on the 1st September 2023 and close noon on the 15th January 2024.
To apply for a place in Reception to Year 6 during the school year, please see the Admissions Policy in the link at the bottom of this page. For In-Year transfers, please visit the Newcastle City Council website by following this link: Newcastle City Council School Admissions or ring the Family Information Service on 0191 277 4133.
For children due to transfer to a middle, secondary or high school in September 2023
Details of how to apply will be sent to your child's school at the start of Year 6.
View our website www.newcastle.gov.uk/admissions for full information and advice before, during and after the offers process.
What do I need to do and when?
· You must apply even if your child goes to a feeder link school.
- Apply before the closing date.
· If your child lives in Newcastle you must apply to Newcastle City Council for a transfer place regardless of the type of school you are applying to or which local authority the school is based in.
- If the admission policy for the school says that supporting evidence is required, make sure you gather this information and send it in within the timescale requested.
How do I decide which schools to apply for?
- You can apply for four schools; on the form these are called “preferences”.
- You should list four schools on your application to increase the chance of being offered a preferred school. Your child will be considered for a place at every school you name on the form (so naming four schools gives you more chances). List the school you want most first. If we can offer a place at more than one school, we will allocate the school you listed highest.
- We advise you apply to your nearest non-faith school as one of your preferences. Find your nearest schools using our online school finder at www.newcastle.gov.uk/admissions
- Read the admission policy for each of the schools that you are interested in to understand how places are allocated. Look at the information about how places were allocated last year to see how likely it is that your child will be offered a place. Try to make realistic choices.
- Find out more about the schools you are interested in by looking at information on their websites and making an appointment to visit.
- You can apply for four schools; on the form these are called “preferences”. You have four chances to get a preferred school.
- We advise you to apply to your feeder link school as one of your preferences as you are more likely to be offered a place at that school. Find your nearest schools using our online school finder at www.newcastle.gov.uk/admissions Does this need to be on a different line – just it’s not about feeder schools particularly?
- Read the admission policy for the schools you are interested in to understand how places are allocated. Look at the information about how places were allocated last year to see how likely it is that your child will be offered a place. Try to make realistic choices.
- Make an appointment to visit the schools you are interested in.
- Read the Ofsted report and other general school information.
- Think about how your child will get to school and the potential cost. Very few pupils are eligible for free home to school travel.
- Don’t base your decision on what other people say.
Applications for transfers to High School closes at noon on 31st October 2023.
To apply for a place in a Reception class, in year transfer or for a place in high school, please use the link below: